World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Saw Her in Half?
dreamed 2008/8/28 by Wayan
My friend Chub's a sorcery student. Not
show-magic. I mean miracles, taught
by a brilliant surgeon-sorceress who
tomorrow plans to saw a girl in two--
a fine old stage tradition. But for real!
A sterile saw, and pads to mop the gore.
The girl to be sawn is a little blonde waif
always in Alice-in-Wonderland frills.
She's been chronically tired and ill,
anemic, angelic... vampire-pale.
But what a jagged bloody cure!
"Surely not in HALF!" I roar.
"Your teacher's famous for her skill,
but cutting the spinal cord's final!" We
squabble till Chub admits "I'm unsure
she said "hack the spine". Maybe she'll
just gut her side to side and cunt to chin."
Still sounds to me like sin.
- Chub: a nickname; she was round-faced with chubby cheeks. No one I know in the waking world.
- Anemic girl: I have a malaria-like illness: fevers-chills-sweats, sore creaky spine, mild anemia.
- Don't cut the spine: spinal inflammation can be deadly. But spinal taps and back surgery can be too.
- Sin: the sin of medical hubris.
- Gutting her: ewww. Good thing I'm a shaman not a psychoanalyst! Rather than worry about repressed sexual violence, I look for practical advice. And it's there: the dream points out why I've been slow to call a Western doctor. They're so drastic--and they never listen!
- ACTION: proceed with medical tests, but cautiously--veto any procedure my dreams protest!
- This is Dreamverse #15. "Every day, a dream-poem." But I failed this week. The last one,
Larry's Multiverse, was epic! Took days...
LISTS AND LINKS:
weird dream surgery -
disability, deformity, dismemberment -
dreams with medical advice -
dream advice in general -
dream poems -
Dreamverses project - the next Dreamverse:
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites