World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1990/4/19 by Wayan
Franky Furbo; sketch by William Wharton
Two months ago, I read Franky Furbo by William Wharton--a strange fable of a lost man who's lost because he's not a man but a fox--unaware. Until he meets his vixen.
That night, I dreamed of a fox-couple--not Franky and Raethe, a dysfunctional fox-couple. Each of them had admirable qualities, but their problems were serious ... and echoed my own. Estranged from my own body as well as from other people.
So I worked hard this winter in dance and acting classes--trust exercises, grounding exercises, trying to see myself true. Not the lies I was brutally taught.
Tonight I ask my dreams--how's my inner fox doing now?
I find out.
I find a talking fox's hidden nest. Tree-legs collect
guano to feed weird fungi. Brackets bulge and cling,
Leather shelves--fox furniture! The lair gullets down
to caverns. Once a grizzly's home. Ferocity long gone.
Today its foxy owner's liaison to the shy Ant Folk. I
enter the underworld door. Explore. "Hello?" But find
Only a secret rill, steadyflowed but small. Drains
out beneath a rockfall-face. Humans see no trace.
At last I meet Raethe: the mate of our elusive liaison.
Lovely, lithe. A transparent vixen, she goes mist
whenever she needs clarity--private as a ghost.
No mere fox; she's woman-wise. But I wonder
How she dines down under. Hunt the outer hills?
But her soul shines so kind--I can't believe she kills.
Never yet met her missing mate, the official Ant
Ambassador. But just from her, I know one fact.
In a world of crippled souls, to be loved by this
amazing Raethe proves him a heart intact.
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Friends with bug people: Just read Claire Bell's People of the Sky; a human tribe symbiotic with giant dragonflies.
- Slow-flowing rill: dreams themselves! A steady trickle of advice...
- "Goes mist whenever she needs clarity": "missed"--solitude--when needs "clarity"--as in transparency/invisibility, or clearing up confusion? Both, I bet.
- Vegetarian vixen: Raethe in Franky Furbo! She's an ethical vegetarian. Misfit Franky slowly learns to value himself more... because Raethe loves him. If someone so amazing can, he can learn to follow her lead...
- A sensitive mate may help heal my selfdoubt. After a cruel childhood I need external guidance to really feel worthy of love.
- ACTION 1: I'm a gentle vixen who needs a high-protein diet but not meat. Follow Raethe's lead!
- ACTION 2: I hid, go invisible, am "mist"... but I often need to. Solitude's the soil where I grow clarity. Follow Raethe's lead!
- ACTION 3: Raethes are elusive; the sensitive have to be. But if I see a Raethe-kind aura... that's the fox for me.
LISTS AND LINKS:
book-inspired dreams - that dysfunctional
Fox Couple -
healing from abuse -
weird beings -
animal people -
sexy creatures -
Meat is Murder -
animas & guides -
dreams on dreamwork -
meditation - dream
love advice - dream
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites