World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Sprinters and Sphinx
Dreamed 2009/11/13 by Wayan
You know the game! Flea over this fourlane
carhonk artery. Your rivals? Mad hoppy men
(women won't die for prizes). I dunno what you win,
But then, neither the locals do. Not since the new
silver diving team. Their helmetheads are ice.
Belljars crazed as autoglass; translucent hints of face.
Seeing out's as hard as seeing in; and their
frostblindicap charms the judges even more.
But I suspect a somehow cheat. Ice hides their eyes.
Who's in there? Ha! Two thaw the headrime, to climb
the podium for gold and silver medal. Bearded little
smirking squirts. Oh, they fixed it, though I dunno how.
They peel at last those wrinkled pressure suits. Eww!
Inside, no human skin. Flesh transparent through
and through. Men of glass alive, or silicon gel.
Faces mere masks. Their icy flesh, synthetic, fast,
is their Olympic edge--not heart, not skill.
2: I LOVE THE SPHINX
I fear peer-pressure now--upgrade us all
to high-performance ice. I seek my wise
friend the Sphinx. Frozen she already? But
I love her as is! Can't bear to lose the warm
of rough fur, see umber wingplumes turn
pale and winterfloe! A cat of snow austere.
I wander the crowd shouting "Sphiiiiinx!"
Dawns with a shock that I've never known
my old friend's true name. Has she got one,
Need one? She's the Sphinx after all,
not a. Unique. Surely a term for you
alone's most personal and namish. Still
Would she treasure one or two-three true
names proffered by a beloved? And fear
proves I love. I cried to my hawk-mate: no mere
Amity; it's amour. When will I confess to her?
For if I don't, how can she say I do?
- Ice men: "nice" men? Can't swear to it, but suspect a pun here.
- Silicon gel: I haven't seen the Terminator films, but I felt like these guys were AIs from the future. And trouble.
- Fast sprinting: I just saw the film A Town Called Panic. Very funny. A town of plastic toys who move in fast jerks like the dreamguys.
- Bearded cheaters in pressure suits: the pointy-headed, water-breathing, pressure-suited, lying little pilferers who live in mirrors and reflections, in A Town Called Panic. Jungian shadows, or Freudian ids? Take your pick.
- Is "Sphinx" generic or her name?: in A Town Called Panic, the red-haired mare running a music school has a personal name but the shy, gruff farm-stallion she likes is only called Horse. I found that strange.
- Greek myth: the band in Panic had a name like Phoebus or Orphee. And "Panic" comes from Pan.
- Admit I love an animal girl: in Panic, Horse is shy with the mare he likes. Shyness cripples me too.
- ACTION 1: when attracted, speak up! Does it take danger to make me realize who I care about, am I blind to love I already feel? Look around!
- ACTION 2: watch out for robotism. When I get a burst of energy, is it legit? Or a trick done by ignoring pain? Give in to their competitive gel, and I risk death for mere prizes... not love.
LISTS AND LINKS:
ice and snow -
masks and disguises -
robots and AI -
time travel -
silicon, carbon and other platforms -
body image distortion -
dream beings -
animal people -
sexy creatures -
shyness and embarrassment -
the power of names -
romantic advice -
health advice -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites