World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Fount of Canadian Wisdom
Dreamed 1982/11/17 by Wayan
I dream I meet old Wisdom in his shop. He
explains me. “You youth are mired in misery
for you neglect hinge-points--won't spend
attention's coin on tedious detail.
So life works only fitfully, and you all end
severed from the living small,
adrift in abstract grand. Lost all.”
"It's true!" I think in momentary thrill,
but then an inner skeptic says "That’s not
the whole tale! More sous-chefs stir my pot
of pain. My idiot boss..." I'd ponder this alone,
but on Wisdom drones: "Youth is so rash."
I try to shut him up by manifesting cash.
A magic I've just mastered--worked my will
til mental muscles shook--repeated till
Imagination's buns hardened. From thin air
I tease a five-dollar bill (Canadian) and nest it in
the Jungian geezer's hand. But Wisdom smiles
and lets it go. Lets his sober sermon flow.
I escalate--create a twenty-five-dollar bill!
Wisdom is Canadian--of course, all Wisdom is--
so a Maple Twentyfive's familiar; I can't expect
parochial American surprise it isn't twenty. But
I hope still--'tis the biggest bill I've coaxed yet
from potential's womb. I slip him wrinkled it.
Miracle enough to pause the Archetype?
Nay. The sage blats on. Feel flat. Feel bad;
for I guiltily wish Wise Jungian Elders had
a mute. A parking brake. What does it take?
Sigh! Not even bribes miraculous will slake
(oh, CORK!) the Fount of Canadian Wisdom.
I give up, plug my ears, and wait to wake.
- All Wisdom is Canadian: in 1982 Canada seemed saintly next to Reagan's bellicose reign. Now oil & tar-sand money's corrupted Canada to Texas-with-snow. Sigh.
- Manifesting money: in 1982 I followed dream advice on saving & investing so I could quit early (it worked; retired at 36). But the dream's not just about money! That year, a flood of weird dreams taught me a kind of subtle magic. Real magic. I've manifested rare books, "chance" meetings I needed, and odd items needed for my art. Manifestation works--just be clear & minimal. Ask big, and your request affects others, complicating the result. But minnows slip through logic's net!
- In the dream I just knew Canadians had a $25 bill not a $20 (maybe because of the exchange rate? C$25 roughly equaled US$20).
- $25 was a lot for me then--several days' spending money. Like hundreds today! So I was proving I had magic... but seriously bribing him, too.
- ACTION: Keep magic modest. My $5 would be spendable in the waking world, but when I upped the ante, I created funny money! Notice it wasn't dream or magic but the "conscious" sabotaging itself--I got Canadian denominations wrong. Wisdom warned we botch details. O Foolish Youth!
LISTS AND LINKS:
teachers & mentors -
dream advice -
magic & mages,
prayers & wishes,
vision & visualization -
(self?) sabotage -
numbers, math & logic -
dream humor -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites