World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Eye of Tooth,
Dreamed 2014/1/28 by Wayan
Cafe tables in a courtyard. At one end, a corral. Music-stand
fenceposts, cello strings for wire. Orchestra penned. No-go.
But I need to read one music score. Near a century old, for
it's a diary too: Pancho Villa, that border rebel after World War
One. He left me a coded crosstime message; for we both are
time-agents for the Revolution. Work in concert. Gotta know
| the score!
The players take five, but alarm their fence. How can...
Aha! The stands jam into cobblestone-gaps. Wiggle a stand-
foot (mind that high-strung head!) till it loosens. Next. Next. Four
drunks in a row. The line sags slow. Three hoppable grins.
But a stranger jumps my slumps! Nureyev leap. He grabs
another score. But Maestro strides in through an arch and nabs
the jumper. While Conductor ex-scoriates him (sorry!), I sneak
over to my goal, and swipe old Pancho's journal! Peek
at the faded page: song-lyrics speaking to his wife.
| Code, yes!
He urges her "To heal, put the herb in an Ojo de Diente."
Not Dios. Diente. For sure, the code I sought! And then
Logic blunders in to ask "meaning WHAT?" I flounder ashore
in sheets, secret-urged "An Eye of Tooth will be your cure."
A what of what? And it's a key to the Revolution we
| long for!
Long for success. Code, yes! The score.
Long for. Long for. The score.
IN THE MORNING
- Music score: today my friend Patagia said "Your new dream-song Migrate Through Fire is classical; you need trained singers and an orchestra." I've been struggling to play it with three friends. The dream agrees with Patagia: cross the line, join the professionals.
- Pancho Villa: my grandpa claimed he met him--after WW1, riding the rails in Arizona, he walked down a spur and stumbled into a camp where this friendly guy in a big hat said he was... But then Grampa claimed a lot. (So Pancho may mean revolution, border-crossing, lying...)
- I'm a revolutionary: last night I dreamt I was a revolutionary fighting government-sponsored genocide. Seemed like that dream urged me to quit enduring these recurrent infections I get, and fight. The dream even hinted that my pacifist upbringing depresses my immune system; I'm unconsciously trying to make peace with toxic bacteria!
- Ojo de Diente / Eye of Tooth: An old English term for the upper canine is "eyetooth". My left eyetooth is sore; a small gum infection.
- DO NOW: put a Mexican herb on my eyetooth! But what? Of the herbs I have, none stand out as especially from the Mexican folk tradition. Wait--they do use wormwood, and I have a closely related Chinese species. Try that. [Later: I did and it promptly healed.]
- MID-TERM: trust "irrational" dream prescriptions. Why not? My HMO, instead of methodically testing to diagnose my recurring fevers, has just let doctor after doctor take a wild guess and prescribe pricy drugs that fail.
- LONG-TERM: take these two rebellion-dreams seriously! You're in a long-term war for your life... so fight! Do what you need to. Cross the lines.
LISTS AND LINKS:
health advice -
dream-poems - rather than leaping the fence,
Parvati Saws the Wall - previous night:
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites