World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 2005/3/18 by Wayan
The Palo Alto BART station, late at night.
A gentle madman, broom-thin, sweeps tile
round the white bird nesting atop that stone
turnstile. A green weave. Leaves? No, cash!
Some counterfeit--mere ads meant not
to pass. "Queer as a thirty." But not all fake!
The crazy hums a song. He won't partake
of the treasure curled round the podium foot.
He won't, so I don't. But oh, I'm so
tempted. Mere paper to the bird, & I'm so
broken. Why? Why heed a fool's integrity
antique? Yet I too sweep
stray bills back to the motherbird stash!
A trustee guilt. Appease my obsolete
conscience. Yet I copped no free
moolah, just considered. Ain't this gilt trip
silly even for me?
Two couples ride down an escalator to our
cavernest, bantering the film they saw and
the danceclub they soon will. But now,
between, they face but a mad bird, a mad
sweeper and me. Look away--three stray
beasts. Lost in transit. Beggars in their land:
birds out of hand.
Forsaking all right to the trove of green,
I've married that ancient monkish broom;
but in an age of scorn. It simply isn't done.
I nest in feathery bills, and slip to sleep;
await the sun.
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Palo Alto BART station? There is no Palo Alto BART station! Years ago Silicon Valley voted down taxes for mass transit--to their present regret! I suspect that ghost-station setting warns that the dream's about bean-counting myopia.
- Stone turnstile/pedestal the bird nested on:
- A Hindu lingam, the yang principle, initiative? Standing up for myself; and not just sexually.
- Before bed I saw a sitcom, Malcolm In the Middle. A timid boy learned assertion by playing paintball in a maze like this station.
- Money: seems linked with fun and sex--the two couples with money going out. I'm ambivalent. I long to go out more, but when I do I often find I'm bored and wish I was home with a good book.
- I forego money: literally true. I make it readily, but just ain't motivated put the hours in. Even when I have it, I don't know how to spend it. Just unreal to me.
- Crazies: Is my austerity really a problem, or just the ancient ideal of holy poverty? Drastic simplification. Now seen, by Homo Shoppiens, as simply... insane.
LISTS AND LINKS:
Silicon Valley -
chthonic dreams -
letting go -
dream poetry -
digital dream art
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites