World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
A Pegasus-Dragon Scripts My Life
Dreamed 2017/12/4 by Wayan
I'm watching dream TV. Find that classic show
The Life of Wayan. Back when, I never read
the credits. This time I note: half these names
aren't human. The writers are two--
Fraternal twins, whose parents surely were
pegasus and dragon. How'd they even mate?
Equally unsettling metaphysically,
for the Nightmare's... me.
That is, I, a pegamare with dragonclaws
wrote, drew, animated flesh and bone--
a comic human who now dreams and draws
his creator. His soul. Cartoon.
Baffling how she, how art, can be true me;
my flesh mere... animation. Yet the show
credits her as fount. The face I know
is only Nightmare's... flow.
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Old TV shows, pegasi and dragons: I saw some early My Little Pony shows today.
- The Life of Wayan: probably riffing on Monty Python's The Life of Brian. Is the dream's implying I think I'm a saint, a buffoon, a martyr? All three?
- A creature scripts my life-tale: recurring theme! Example: Triceratops.
- Dragon & pony: My Little Pony's dragon character Spike has a crush on Rarity the fashionista unicorn. My creator's parents, however, clearly went further than a mere crush. The twins looked broadly like pegasi, but had slit pupils, spiky crestlike manes and tails, clawed hands and feet not hooves...
- Fraternal twins: probably the Cake Twins on My Little Pony--dangerously precocious, overflowing with magic, they overwhelm their (normal) parents, proving the old saw "It takes a fire brigade to raise a child." My sisters and I were severely gifted and largely raised ourselves; our parents kinda gave up.
- Pegasi/dragon crossbreeds: probably My Little Pony's character Discord, the embodiment of chaos. He's a "draconequus"--at least etymologically half-dragon, half-pony, though he looks quite unlike my dream-twins. What's he stand for? Selfish creativity. His task is to temper it with empathy, or at least ethical restraint. (I do try...)
- Nightmare: probably My Little Pony's character Luna, the goddess of dreams and the night. That is, dreams are shaping me.
- Unlikely crossbreed: recurrent theme. Examples: Bastard Unicorn, The White Deer's Experiment or Creature Becomes Creator.
- ACTION 1: rewrite my current role. Apparently I'm writing the script and have the power--if I decide what I want. My recent dreams are torn between a lonely girl hungry for fun, friends and sex; and a wary sharkbit girl willing to enter the Social Swim only in proven shark-free zones. And where are they?
- I could start by testing my assumption that anyone attractive will reject me. A dream, Why I Lie, compared chronic/recurrent illness to AIDS, pointing out I learned to expect social rejection for multiple reasons:
- Recurrent illness left me emaciated, in pain, tired, sunken-eyed. The worst possible look in the age of AIDS. But since I tested myself for gluten sensitivity and avoided it, I've improved sharply.
- I couldn't socialize anyway. Therapists assumed it was shyness they could coax me out of. Wrong: it was Asperger syndrome. Try partying when the smalltalk baffles you, the food poisons you, the noise deafens you, and you can't recognize faces. To shine, I need quiet venues allowing deep conversation.
- I'm slow to open up for good reason. Given my essential strangeness, what I say is often misinterpreted or outright disbelieved. I need a bright, sophisticated crowd. Or a con full of geeks sharing some of my enthusiasms.
- I'm avoiding the dream's point. My dream-self, my soul, is less human but more powerful than I thought; the animation credit goes to her, not me. She creates this day-self. So figure out some (cautious) things all sides of me can agree on, and ask for a rewrite.
- ACTION 2: and don't take The Life of Wayan too seriously. The mystics were right; human life's just a cartoon show. Keep doing the art, no matter how mixed and incongruous it seems to others. That's the real me.
LISTS AND LINKS:
TV shows -
My Little Pony -
writing & writers -
weird dream beings -
animal people -
shamanic dreams -
dream advice -
prayers & wishes -
dream poems -
pencil art -
Sharkbit & Wary,
The White Deer's Experiment,
Creature Becomes Creator,
Why I Lie
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites