World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1980/11/3 by Wayan
We dug up a fossil device. The ancients knew
tech beyond us. Light feeds the panel who
blows you a kiss of Cerenkov blue:
the holograform of a spectral
It was a teaching tool, is all we know.
Its mystery grafts a new branch onto
acoustics. Guess I'll join the crazed
band my friends began years ago;
though to honor the panel-glow
they just dubbed it anew:
I meditate on that blue curve: it parallels
the arcs of the flock of sleek parafoils
windsurfing over the park where I lie.
The frail wings swell, robusting, till
Slim whales weave across my sky.
Blimps as lithe as ballerina
Wake. What to make of surreal dreams' root?
Like a stochastic "Drunkard's Walk"--
but spirals in like a hot-day hawk
on mouse, or this verse, to one
- Three dreamlets return to the same word: dreams that orbit/explore one idea or word were first noticed by Havelock Ellis over a century ago. Freud and Jung, both serious sorts, neglected dreams as play; but these clearly are.
- Cerenkov blue: Cerenkov ("chair & cough") radiation's a blue glow generated by faster-than-light particles (not theoretical! Light slows a bit in clear media like water or glass)
- Holograform: a translucent, apparently floating 3D image of a...
- Foot: is the thing with feathers. No, wait, that's hope. With toes. That thing. But in poetry, rhythmic units (tat-TOO, BA-ka, ga-ZOOM-ba) are called feet too.
- Drunkard's Walk: walk away from a spot stochastically--each step in a random direction. Do they cancel out? No. You'll travel about the square root of your total steps. Progress is possible even blind! Only here the clumsy, drunken verses spiral IN, not out... to that single, silly, soleful shout:
LISTS AND LINKS:
dream poems -
dream humor -
light & color -
whales flying or not -
puns and wordplay - Wayan dreams of a dead man's
Foot on the Gas - Jenny finds a
Foot-Crevasse - 'Purple' boots her own butt in
The Entwined Child - and dreamwork maps onto Wayan's
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites