World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Slaves Don't Dance
Dreamed 1999/8/1 by Chris Wayan
Small screen, slow loading? Illus. text version
NOTES ON WAKING UP
The dream explains my reluctance. I don't WANT to go out, even dating and dancing, if I'm still under the orders of the one who imprisoned me! This isn't shyness, I'm on STRIKE! With one demand: a fundamental attitude change.
- Prisoner = I've been convalescent. I felt fragile and shy and stayed in all day. Prisoner to what? Real sickness, agoraphobia, or just... habit?
- Forced to babysit her pseudo-living baby = staying in and doing art? Uh-oh...
- The doll's mean = my angry inner brat? Or my art and writing? Whoever the spell-doll is, it's not going to get much better--some side of me has hit its developmental limit.
- Spells modified til the baby's calm and dull = I've been tired lately, even apathetic. My hope for personal change has waned; I'm resigned to being a botched experiment, a person whose recipe just didn't work out. A prodigy as a child, called a genius, but too nervous, sickly and shy to function in the American world. I did not say "real world".
- Asked to dance = just before bed I read a course catalog and considered trying dance classes again. Has my shyness abated enough so I'd ask girls out, this time? Or would I stay locked in a bell-jar of self-mistrust? I felt a bit reluctant, and wondered if it was shyness or something else.
I want true freedom, full freedom, not pseudo-life--not just a longer leash. Staying at home and doing art, magical though it can be... it's not enough. The doll's not quite alive. And I want life. Real life.
LISTS AND LINKS:
elves and fairies - Maire's soul-sister,
The Bee Queen - A dinner date with Queen Maire:
Boil the Cord -
dream homes -
labs, inventors and experiments -
creative process -
dream beings -
birth and babies -
freedom and slavery -
epic dreams -
Silky, my spirit wife - more
non-rectilinear art -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites