World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 2006/1/25 by Wayan
NOTES IN THE MORNING
As I head for college, the traffic's dense. My
bike's a Hypercycle: recumbent, low. I fear
drivers won't notice me, down by the pave.
Unnoticeability's scary--and I have to steer
one-eyed as Odin, for tottery I
can't free a tillerhand to clear
my hood away.
Up a hard switchback slope. Feels steeper than
I recall. Blame the bike! You pedal harder on
a recumbent--that leverage lures you to kick.
Oughta gear way down. Plus, I've been sick--
Really ought to kick back.
On I clack.
A bearcub browses by the track. Uh-oh. Where
is mom? A heathered buttress looms over next
switchback elbow. More cubs graze--but they're
big as hippolets, and feathered! Never bears;
and frilled triceratops. Yipe! Mom grazes there,
sixty times my bulk. And what a warning glare!
I puff on up the scarp of deep time...
No wonder it's such an exhausting climb.
- One-eyed biker: On Northern Exposure, Chris and his half brother have parallel dreams: Dad's a trucker (true). They each get in a truck to find Carl Jung driving, not Dad. Jung has a patch over one eye like Odin, and says "I can't drive a truck, we're gonna CRASH!"...
- Ride an unfamiliar type of bike into magical zone: Chris's half brother fears motorbikes, but without knowing why, he bought one & rode it to Alaska... to stumble on his half-brother. So this motif likely means intuition or ESP.
- Dinos, time travel, worry: read a Michael Swanwick story in which a dino chases a human.
- Fatigue: I was tired today, with sore shoulders--over a year now of recurrent inflammations. Turned chronic?
- Exhausting climb out of the familiar plane: a common shamanic initiatory dream. Such tiring exercise-dreams are seen as practice for more useful predictive & clairvoyant dreams. And why not? I often dream of falling before achieving true dream-flight, same as a young bird; and a run of surreal dreams will (eventually) prod me to face that I'm dreaming: lucidity. Dream-mastery, like any other craft, often takes some prep!
- ACTION: Just gear down and keep on. Monsters aren't out to get you. Time-travel's hard work, that's all.
LISTS AND LINKS:
invisibility, unnoticeability -
ascent & descent -
mountains & cliffs -
time-travel dreams -
shamanic dreams -
initiations & ordeals -
digital art -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites