World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Fox on the Train
Dreamed 2015/1/9 by Chris Wayan
On TV, a documentary on 19th Century women who found work on trains--escaping family constraints. The first mass wave of working women, well before many offices or factories would hire them.
Dalziel, a BBC mystery. A death during a foxhunt. A sexy foxhunt-saboteur. Would she do it? Her own dad is Master of the Hunt! They both seem like they want to keep the quarrel in the family, wouldn't go that far. But someone did...
Then a show on the last Neanderthals. Bones found in a Spanish sea-cave hint they led hard hungry lives and died out between 28-25,000 years ago, in a long cool spell causing a drought in Spain. Revealingly, the sea cave where they'd survived a quarter of a million years wasn't taken over by Cro-Magnons; prime living space, yet it stayed empty for millennia. Just unlivable! I can't see why--all that seafood! Starving amid abundance. Maybe, without pottery to store and carry fresh water, trips to the waterhole were just too long or hazardous...
I'm a guard on a transcontinental train,
here to ward off hungry desert raiders
and onboard stowaways filching buffet.
Forgivable: they're not human invaders
but fox-folk: innocent thieves. No clue
what humans mean by property. Propriety.
A bauble's gleam, a sexy scent, a snack?
Grab whatever lures; ignore society.
Prey today's their way. For tomorrow's
never brought them more than sorrows:
they're refugees from Foxican civil war.
Lope the dust to seek ape-asylum. We are
Law-charged to throw all foxes off, but our
mute guard-custom is to look the other way,
let them ride roofs and in boxcars, unless
they steal; and not all do. Even though
their joy's desert-tarnished, still, foxes glow.
Lovely, lively, lithe. Allure. But O our regs
are harsh: even between staff, sex banned!
True, none of us obey that relic of the Nine-
teenth Century, back when our lonely line
was spiked across the waste, when female staff
were new, vulnerable, asylum-seekers too;
slipped the Victorian leash, fled domestic war.
So guards who frown at me for chatting with
That lissome vixen with the golden eyes
Leaning out for breeze between her thighs,
All discreetly tryst. Yet do their pairings last?
Their monkey promiscuity's a mere Mile-High
Club, as we mount the Great Divide. Should I
heed their rail-commandment for species purity?
It too's a refugee from a war-torn land: the past.
Call me iconoclast; to me, all law flees the past.
NOTES NEXT MORNING
- Railroad employees: documentary on female train workers. Had to fight Victorian claims that girls are fragile, dependent...
- Obsolete railway regs: I was trained, by an over-feminist mom, to see women as fragile, victims--not free adults!
- Hungry nonhuman people, refugees in dry land: the Neanderthals' last stand in Spain, starving amid abundance.
- Foxican civil war: current Mexican struggle against drug cartels?
- Foxes: old slang for hotties. May also mean guiltlessly following appetites as foxes do. [2016 NOTE: It might also be mocking Donald Trump for slandering Mexicans as thieves & rapists, but I dreamed it over a year BEFORE he mouthed off.]
- Beautiful fox sneaks onboard: that sexy foxhunt-saboteur, on Dalziel. She followed her bliss!
- Her appearance: probably inspired by a lovely fox-courtesan I saw online, drawn by Bewilde (Bridget Wilde)--see right. The dream's whole dusty desert palette echoed her drawing--cream, fox-russet and periwinkle blue.
- WARNING: Despite all the work I've done to dethrone my Railway Authority, I still treat women as vulnerable, unfree; hesitate to come on or even flirt.
- ACTION: Ignore your old training. Admit who you like, and act on your likes. Anything less demeans both women and your own desires.
LISTS AND LINKS:
weird dream jobs -
guards & guardians -
animal people -
sexy creatures -
habit & custom -
conformity vs individualism -
sex/dating advice in dreams -
dream poems -
digital dream art -
same dreamer, more sexy train-refugees:
Kittens' Quest &
The Witch-Pimps (caution: refugees from child abuse)
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites