World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 2014/11/24 by Wayan
Iron shanks stud the dead field, wan-lit by moon.
Statues aborted, robots slain? No: not all
Undone. One done--parts all here! And human-tall
But human not at all--a feline feverdream.
Yet I met that leopardess. Portrait of a real!
AND a sex toy. Riven. A yard-long arc of steel
Torn loose: one flank and tail. A vexed boy
Leans on an engine dead, ponders how to heal
Panthera somnis, but his erection steel-hard
Distracts. Desperate to fuck NOW. Needs the pard.
He burns too much to safely weld. He glares at her,
at me, frustrate. Mute-waves a monkey wrench
At the loose wind-rattled wedge of wench. Says
"Half a vagina's hard to fuck." Jagged, ow! I guess.
Impasse! It whirls, it weathervanes like this:
Sex vexes repair, but the needed fix blocks sex.
NOTES IN THE MORNING
A YEAR LATER:
- This surreal dream plays on the myth of Pygmalion-- a sculptor falls in love with his creation and the gods grant her life. Variants around the world aren't always sculpture--a Chinese version has her step from a painting, The Purple Rose of Cairo has him step off the movie screen... though this is more The Bride of Frankenstein.
- Add a long curved wedge to a statue of a creature: I'm sewing the big curving tail of a soft sculpture--a tigress with a mermaid tail, bigger than me--the Mertiger.
- Broken: Me! I'm trying to diagnose mysterious recurrent fevers.
- Frustrated:The illness discourages dating--I hurt, AND worry my mystery infection's communicable. The dream confirms illness creates sexual frustration, but points out the stress of the frustration aggravates illness, too. Feedback loop!
- ACTION: Break the loop. I dare not risk exposing anyone to an unknown illness, and vibrators don't do much for me. So build a sex toy that DOES work! The Mer-tiger's already comforting, huggable; make her fuckable too.
I finished the Mertiger--dense foamrubber muscles, wooden bones, fake fur. But because of the dream, I added a muscular silk-lined vagina too. So the mertiger's simultaneously a surreal artpiece AND the world's largest sex toy. Feels nothing like masturbation or a vibrator, way more like sex with a partner--a whole-body workout, and not just physical! Emotional too, because the tiger has a weird presence.
The dream was right. It worked. I'm still ill, going thru painful med tests right now--but at least sex-frustration isn't heaped on top. I call myself single, I'd love to find someone if my health improves... but meantime, I don't feel quite so alone.
This dream's embarrassing, but I feel driven to post it. Partly it's the vivid images, but also... I want to correct the widespread belief that dreams only deal in universals--archetypes or drives common to us all. Not this! The trouble this dream addressed was kinky & unique--yet the dream found an equally kinky & unique solution... that worked.
LISTS AND LINKS:
disability, deformity and mutilation -
sexy creatures -
sex WITH sexy creatures -
lions, tigers, leopards... - my giant sewn sextoy-sculptures:
Foam, Fur, Dreams -
creative process -
diagnostic dreams -
health advice in dreams -
dream advice in general -
digital dream art -
dream poems -
same dreamer finds two kinds of trauma block each other while
Pissing Memories -
a second young man with a blowtorch:
A Fire Entirely Without Heat
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites