World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 2018/1/28 by Wayan
Under the laurel-scented bays
on Bernal's wet west side,
I catch a crosstown slide
down Esmeralda Steps, beside
the hanging gardens--red and gold
succulents and rocks.
Wild girls in flocks
convene. My lane. Collide.
Legs tangle with a laugh.
Sliders up from tween
to grown. Half-flirt, half-fight
in our silvery half-flight.
crazed as otters.
Girls peel off, nearing their goal,
land in tumblesand and roll,
lope off to shops. I hop a lane, cross
a district where multichuted wide
slides sardine with balding men
off to finance-work downtown.
Skirt the Market Slide until
gridlock horde is gone.
Next I race a reporter. Thought her
giant head was clown-wigged, but
"My hair's mundane back home." So
Not a Terran, though
she could (almost) pass.
Into a narrows--not stone or glass
but very space. Down a heron-throat,
to a pocket universe. Or is it mere
black belly of an asteroid? It's sure
not Earth--we gravilessly float.
I ask "Why'd you slide in here?"
"No extradition treaties" she grins.
"I came to interview a hacker who
exiled now for his sins."
But we may be stuck! She's unsure
the dimensional gullet also spews.
Though we're not alone--an alien-strewn
Sargasso of outlaws, traders and worm-
hole support staff and a handful more
journalists after her scoop! They calm
my jittery black-hole blues:
we can't be event-horizoned
if we make the news.
Up floats the outlaw. Oh, I know
what they will not beg, but need:
privacy. Spacepaddle off. Time to go
slide! Where next will it lead?
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Esmeralda, Bernal: Lombard Street isn't San Francisco's weirdest. Some are mere stairways, footpaths, and even metal children's slides, often through hanging neighborhood gardens. Esmeralda "Street" on Bernal Hill is one such. In my dream it fed into a citywide transit-web of slides.
- The slide-system: shamanic dreamwork itself. A simple childlike method that still can slip you into strange worlds between.
- Gridlock downtown: I literally can't even dream of unclogged public transit! Not in my century. I bike and walk; frankly, faster.
- Journalist interviews hacker hiding in a wormhole: I recently read an interview with Julian Assange, trapped in embassy limbo.
- Awkward dogpaddling in zero gravity: how I feel on the web, especially on Facebook. Just bad for me. Like a shoddy imitation of dreamspace!
- Dread getting trapped in black hole: my dreams would rather I stay unfamous than infamous. Free to slip into new and better dreams! Obscurity has its perks.
LISTS AND LINKS:
other worlds -
alternate earths -
Only in San Francisco -
reporters & news -
cosmoses (cosmi?) -
dream poems -
digital dream art
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites