World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1993/2/17 by Chris Wayan, drawn grayscale 1993, colored and finished 2003.
A puzzling dream, and one I hesitated to include. But the sheer complexity of the pictographic riddle at its heart, a riddle with at least ten possible readings packed into a single short phrase, still fascinates me.
And despite its riddle's ambiguity, the dream held a clear message for spiritual questers and dreamworkers: some dream-secrets aren't just riddles to be cracked, but secrets actively held by formidable, intelligent entities, who can mess with you in very disturbing ways, if you persist in snooping.
Entities who may not give a damn about your interests, or rights, or safety.
So what does it all add up to? A mystery, still. But one thing's clear:
- The strange spacy girl = me, as others see me! Lost in dreams...
- The gazebo =
- a sort of Tardis--the little space-time ships on the BBC TV series Dr Who. They look like mere phone booths from outside, but are much bigger inside--like some minds.
- 2: The booth also echoes my dream Gold Eater, which had a gumball machine imprisoning sea-creatures. That dream warned my habits were stifling my feelings, my body and my health. So this dream may explore the same issue...
- Mysterious hieroglyphs = dream symbols? The dream seems to be about to dream interpretation itself!
- Peet = heart's desire! I've been meeting with friends in a San Francisco cafe called Peet's, to support each other in fulfilling our dreams--a success team! So the riddle on the gazebo may be the formula for success!
- Teep = psychic, ESP? Teep or TP is science fiction slang for "teleport" or "telepath".
- The rabbit = sex, promiscuity? I had a homework assignment, to describe my ideal day. Mine included two lovers! Felt guilty about it, and added "Most geniuses break taboos and fuck like rabbits." Methinks the small animal doth protest too much.
- Spaceship with curving tube from side-mouth to top = the alien ships in Heinlein's The Puppet Masters. They appeared to be from either Titan or a Jovian moon. The reference is confirmed by the sort of Great Red Spot appearing on the side of the gazebo.
- The codes = decoding dreams!
- Applying codes has a druglike effect = dream-messages, if acted on, change deep aspects of the personality. As strong as mood-altering drugs!
- Man jumping off building = seemingly self-destructive behavior, if guided by dreams, isn't necessarily.
- Aliens = alienated sides of me?
- It all echoes The Dreamsuit--the same mysterious codes causing mental states--and again, such spells can be resisted through sheer will.
WARNING! Either I have "alienated" parts, or external, parasitic spirits, that want to remain secret, who can reprogram my unconscious to manipulate my mood, my health, my luck, and my abilities--at LEAST as well as my so-called conscious. Whoever they are, this means trouble!
Yet they can be resisted, and their secrets can be won. And the rewards are transformation, ecstasy, flight...
But it won't be easy.
LISTS AND LINKS:
detective dreams -
Dr Who dreams -
linguistic dreams -
dream riddles -
puns in dreams -
flying dreams -
birds and bird people -
spells and curses -
dreams about dreaming - losing my
Marbles again - another code-dream:
Dreamsuit - another bully, another bell-jar:
Gold Eater - more alien artifacts
Laced with Terror - another dream inspired by Heinlein's Puppet Masters:
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites