World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1989/5/28, drawn as a digital comic by Chris Wayan, 1990
(Yes, 1990--this is stone age digital art! 32 colors, a mouse, a page 400 pixels wide. I've doubled the display size so it's readable at all.)
- This is straight dream reporting except for one detail. I felt wrong drawing myself as a cowboy on the bridge, so I substituted the coyote I'd been another night. The reluctance to appear human was so strong I didn't argue. Reagan makes me ashamed of my species...
- Mahakala is the Tibetan Buddhist god of right anger; a protector. As far as I know he hasn't really put out any TV ads yet.
- Annie Oakley was a sharpshooter around 1900; her life inspired the musical "Annie, Get Your Gun." That inspired a dream where I was Oakley, in Annie, Get Your Gown!
- The Hoover Institute at Stanford (on Page 2) is where Reagan's economic policies were thought out--to use "thought" very loosely.
- Tip o' the cowboy hat to Jonathan Swift, for the use of his Yahoos. Though there's plenty more where they came from, sigh...
- I cringed, writing "Don't be attractive unless you know who you'll attract," for I don't want the Yahoos to win--to block the bridge, to keep us from becoming unicorns. But caution is advisable in a gun-slingin' world. I'm a unicorn these days, most of the time, but a gun-shy unicorn who keep his eyes open. You should too.
- Art majors snickering at "Don't laugh, it's hard to paint with your horn", figuring it's a parody of Picasso's sexist pronouncement "A true artist paints with his cock!" are quite right. I always thought Picasso's girlfriends were better equipped to grip a brush than him. Or did he mean he, um, fingerpainted...? Hmm, on second thought I rather passionately didn't want to know--my list of the world's Seven Toxic Wonders omits the Cadmium Weenie. It was hard enough washing my horn off.
LISTS AND LINKS:
I'm Just Not Myself Today -
cross-species dreamselves -
coyote dreams -
shamanic dreams -
gods and goddesses -
political dreams -
astral plane -
hypnosis and altered states -
presidential dreams -
Buddhism - another dream of
oops! dreams of mistakes -
pure digital art - Equal time for girls, in...
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: email@example.com - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites